The threat we face from terrorism is significant and recent events demonstrate security incidents can happen at any time and any place without warning. In view of this, it is imperative for business and property owners alike to recognise the importance of security as failure to do so can be very costly in terms of loss of life, property damage and shattered public confidence.
As an advanced integrated security plus solutions provider, Certis has over 30 years of experience delivering total security solutions. This includes preparing security master plans, conducting audits, designing site specific security plans, preparing Security Operation Procedures (SOPs), tender specifications, tender evaluation reports, project management and carrying out peer reviews.
Certis Security Consulting is staffed by a team of experienced operational and engineering consultants with international accreditations and certifications including:
- Certified Protection Professional (CPP) – American Society for Industrial Security (ASIS)
- Accredited Consultant for Known Consignor Regime - International Civil Aviation Organisation
- Certified Enterprise Risk Manager (CERM) – National University of Singapore (NUS) Extension, Asia Risk Management Institute (ARiMI)
- Project Management Professional (PMP) - Project Management Institute (PMI)
- ‘Competent Person’ – Singapore Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) under the Infrastructure Protection Act (IPA)
Certis has completed over 500 major projects for government and private entities. Its consultants are well-versed with international best practices, security standards, policies guidelines and requirements including:
- Singapore Infrastructure Protection Act (IPA)
- Singapore Police Force Video Surveillance System Standards for Buildings (VSS)
- MHA Guidelines to Enhancing Building Security in Singapore (GEBSS)
- Protection of Assets, Standards & Guidelines (ASIS, US)
- SS 545 Singapore Standard for Hotel Security
- Reference Manual to Mitigate Potential Terrorist Attacks Against Buildings (FEMA, US)
- Primer for Design of Commercial Buildings to Mitigate Terrorist Attacks (FEMA, US)
- Recommended Security Guidelines for Airport Planning, Design and Construction (TSA, US)
- Centre for the Protection of National Infrastructure (CPNI, UK).
Our team of experienced security consultants have completed numerous security-by-design projects that incorporate security at the design stage of new developments and those undergoing renovation. They have successfully completed projects across the full cross-section of public and private sectors in Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Brunei, Philippines, China, Sri Lanka, Myanmar and the Middle East. This includes National Critical Infrastructures such as sea and airports, satellite earth stations, ministry HQs, command centers, data centers, utility companies, oil refineries, power stations and large scale industrial and commercial developments such as hotels, residential and entertainment cities, mixed developments and other iconic developments.
We have experience in preparing the following reports:
- Preliminary Facility Design Development (PFDD)
- Threat, Vulnerability & Risk Assessment (TVRA)
- Blast Effect Analysis (BEA)
- Structural Resiliency Study (SRS)
- Security Protection Plan (SPP)
- Security System Technical Specifications
- Security Operation Procedures / Response Plans
Working closely with our industry partners, Certis Consulting has established itself as the premier one stop total security solutions provider for all security and blast protection requirements.